Activated charcoal is a fine, odourless, black powder often used in emergency rooms to treat overdoses. Its toxin-absorbing properties have a wide range of medicinal and cosmetic uses, though none are scientifically proven.
Superheating natural sources of carbon, such as Macadamia Nutshells, produces activated charcoal. The black powder stops toxins from being absorbed in the stomach by binding to them. The body is unable to absorb charcoal, and so the toxins that bind to the activated charcoal leaves the body through the bowels.
Each bottle of Activated Charcoal contains 90 capsules of 500mg each. We make use of bovine based gelatine capsules.
5 BENEFITS of Activated Charcoal
- Alleviates Gas and Bloating
- Treats alcohol poisoning and helps prevent hangovers
- Aids with Diarrhea
- Aids with Poisoning (food etc.)
- May aid and assist in Kidney function
Flatulence and IBS related symptoms: take 2-4 capsules immediately, and then an additional 2 capsules every 6 hours thereafter, or until the symptoms subside.
Uncomfortable tummy due to a reaction to something you have eaten: 2-4 capsules taken immediately and then an additional 2 capsules every 6 hours thereafter, or until the symptoms subside.
Indigestion: 2-4 capsules taken immediately and then an additional 2 capsules every 6 hours thereafter, or until the symptoms subside.
Hangover: 4 capsules prior to going to bed and another 4 capsules upon waking (drink up to 500ml of water at the same time).
While not a cure for a hangover, taking charcoal after consuming alcohol, prior to falling asleep and as soon as you wake up, will serve to ‘soak’ up the residue and toxins left over from the alcohol consumption, leaving you feeling much better and less hung over.
Diarrhoea: 5-8 capsules taken immediately and a further 2-4 capsules every few hours or until symptoms subside.
Poisoning: Due to its strong adsorbent qualities, activated charcoal will soak up offending poisons. One would require large quantities within an hour of ingesting the toxin, so its best that activated charcoal is administered in an emergency facility.
This medicine has not been evaluated by the Medicines Control Council. This medicine is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
- Efficacy may decline if used after date of expiry.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
- Do not use if known hypersensitivity or allergy exists towards any of the ingredients.
- Products containing herbal ingredients may interact with some medication. If you are taking any chronic medication, do not use this product without consulting a medical practitioner.
- Pregnancy and lactation: Safety has not been established.
100% Activated Charcoal from Macadamia Nutshells